Keep on touch with me
Basirhat High School Alumni Association (BHSAA), formed under the registered Charitable Trust as per Indian Trust Act 1882, is the alumni body of 140+ year-old Basirhat High School with a humble desire to give back. BHSAA has been established as a unique platform for the former students from India and abroad, to have meaningful interactions and to take up projects for the benefits of the alma mater. It is the only registered alumni body of the school with the current account opened in a nationalized bank in compliance with all KYC norms.
BHSAA has already initiated multiple activities: “Acharya Pranam” to pay respect to legendary teachers of yesteryears, “Planting Drive” to spread environmental consciousness, “Excellence Awards” to felicitate students of Basirhat Municipality for their outstanding academic performance in Madhyamik and Higher Secondary Examinations and a range of student-driven co-curricular engagement like, English Spell Bee Competition within Basirhat Sub-division, Bengali & English Essay Competitions and Poster Design Competition within Basirhat High School with an intention to encourage them to be interactive, creative and sensitive about their context and values. Recently, the first edition of the alumni magazine, “আমাদের ভাষা” (“Our BHSAA”), has been released along with the 2020 calendar on the theme, “Save Environment” -- a compilation of 12 short-listed posters designed by students on-the-spot. BHSAA welcomes all ex-students of Basirhat High School to be a part of it to further its mission.
• Promote the aims and ideals of the School
• Encourage friendship and fellowship among the former and present students, teaching and non-teaching staffs of the past and present of Basirhat High School through reunion, get together and other social interactions
• Organize seminar, symposium, workshop, lecture in the various fields related to Medical, Human Resource Development, Environment etc. and Socio-Cultural activities for the benefit of all stakeholders of Basirhat High School
• Edit and publish articles, journals, bulletins, memoir for dissemination of knowledge and information related to the School, its students and the alumni
• Encourage and support meritorious and needy students and alumni of Basirhat High School by giving awards, offering scholarships/financial grant/ support higher studies
• Collaborate exchange programmes with foreign and local academic institutions and/or associations for the benefits of Basirhat High School and its students and alumni
Basirhat High School Alumni Association (BHSAA) is the Alumni Body (formed under Registered Charitable Trust according to Indian Trust Act, 1882) of 140+ year-old Basirhat High School.
The Alumni Body , today, has eminent members from all walks of life, who are not only settled at Basirhat, but also spread across India and various corners of the globe.